Sunday, November 18, 2007

prague update


Well I thought since I'm spending the majority of my time in Prague, I'd give a little update on Prague. The weather here has gotten much colder, much wetter and much less sunny. The cobblestone sidewalks and streets get dangerously slippery when they're wet. I certainly wouldn't want to drive on them when it's below freezing. With another friend visiting this past weekend (from Belgium), we got to experience the now perfected Matt Beenen walking tour of Prague. The weather outside was nasty so in the spirit of having something to take pictures of, I decided to snap a few inside the St. Vitus Cathedral, seen above.

I also decided that it's time to reveal one of the staple foods for an American student studying in Prague. Bohemia Bagel is just a 5 minute walk after a 15 minute metro ride. Here, you can get sandwiches (hot and cold), soup, coffee, breakfast foods, burgers and of course, bagels. Prices aren't the typical Czech cheap but are still very reasonable (well under $8 for a good meal and bottomless drink). The colder weather is preventing us from making the journey as often as we used to. I'll snap a picture next time I'm there with a camera.

1 comment:

Kris Clewell said...

I eat italian food exclusively in europe.